Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Rhino horse dino


lately I've been thinking a lot about what to start focusing on in my artwork. I've been all over the board for a long time, searching for what I really love to do. As I go through my sketchbooks and other little doodles it became pretty clear that I really enjoy drawing and painting animals, creatures, and other little characters. I really enjoy the aspect of creating something that doesn't exist anywhere in the world. Not necessarily a new species, but maybe even a new person, a new attitude or gesture. So I did this little doodle the other night of this weird rhino creature and just couldn't (or at least didn't want to) put it down. I still really love to draw other things too; like landscapes for instance, and will probably start to throw some of that in my drawings too.

No comments: